• If you have a problem with me, come to me (privately).
• If I have a problem with you, I’ll come to you (privately).
• If someone has a problem with me and comes to you, send them to me. (I’ll do the same for you).
• If someone consistently will not come to me, say, “Let’s go the minister together. I am sure he will see us about this.” (I will do the same for you).
• Please do not interpret me – I would rather you ask me what I meant. On matters that are unclear, do not feel pressure to interpret my feelings or thoughts – I would rather you ask me.
• I will be careful how I interpret you and if I am unclear, I will ask you what you meant.
• If it is confidential, don’t tell me.
• If it is confidential, don’t ask me to tell you.
• I do not read unsigned letters or notes.
• I do not respond to unnamed complaints, some of which begin with, “I have heard several people saying . . .”
• Please do not hint to me, hoping I will understand your need or know what you intend me to hear – I prefer you to say exactly what you mean.
• I will not hint to you, hoping you will understand my need or know what I meant you to hear – I will try to say exactly what I mean.
• ‘Parking-lot’ or ‘hallway’ griping is poisonous. If you need to complain, please do it only with the intention of healing it – and even then – tell only the one who can do something about it. (I will do the same)
• When in doubt, just say it. The only dumb question is the one that doesn’t get asked.
The Central Florida Center for Spiritual Living is a 501(c)(3) non-profit religious organization located in the State of Florida. The ministry of this spiritual community is sustained primarily by the contributions of members and friends.